Jaguars 16 Titans 14 ...painful words to type, but not as painful as watching how the Titans performed in the game.
What I saw:
- 4 straight special teams plays with penalties
- CJ: 9 attempts for 24 yards
- 7 drives that were 3 and out
- defense gave up 1st down yardage on countless 3rd downs
- Kenny Britt (5-136-2TDs) - Shows mid-season form. 2 TD receptions; 1 showing his speed and the other showing his hand strength and footwork
- Nate Washington (6-67) - He was the go-to guy when we needed a first down
- Matt Hasselbeck (21-34-263yds-2TDs) - He showed confidence in the pocket and when he didn't get help in the running game, he showed that he could keep us in the game.
- The running game - CJ was more than just contained, he had nowhere to go. Many times there were Jaguars in every hole and every gap. The offensive line was surprisingly overmatched.
- Failure during the clutch - Matt Hasselbeck threw off his back foot, threw to the wrong place, and ignored that we only needed a FG.
- Damian Williams - If he keeps dropping passes, he will find himself on the fast track out of the NFL.
- Akeem Ayers (7 total tackles) - He showed a real hunger for attacking the ball, and tracked down the runner from behind
- Barrett Ruud (14 total tackles) - He was able to deliver the tackles more than anyone else on the team.
- 3rd down defense - How many times did we get the Jags in 3rd and long, but we allowed a third-rate QB to throw for the 1st down.
- Gerald McRath - too many missed tackles
- No true sense of sticking with a scheme
This was heartbreaking to watch, and until the Titans can fix at least one of the major issues, I don't see them winning a single game.
Titans vs. Ravens
The Ravens were supposed to have a tough game last week against the Steelers, but absolutely crushed them. The Titans were supposed to have a close game, but by many thought to have the edge. Other than the score, the Jags were completely control of this game. Unless this was a complete anomaly on both parts, this could go very wrong for the Titans.
Listen to the podcast for more...